Friday, April 17, 2009

In The Mood For Ska

Rudettes and dansette penned by the mahvellous Bishakh Som © 2009

It's been a lovely Friday, what with it being the end of the week and a glorious, late afternoon burst of sunshine apologizing for the rest of the day's rain & gloom. When it's lovely outside, I feel lovely inside - call me shallow, and I will plead guilty. And so it is I find myself in the mood for some old time ska. Come along, Dearest Friends, the rude girls have cranked up the dansette and as the glorious sunset fades into starry evening, it's time to skank the night away.

Lord Tanamo - I'm In The Mood For Ska (buy here )

The Ethiopians - Train To Skaville (buy here or e-here)

Shenley Duffus
- Rukumbine (buy here)

Dandy Livingstone - Rudy, A Message To You (buy here)

The Bleechers - Check Him Out (buy here)

Derrick & Patsy - Housewife's Choice (buy here or e-here)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest FiL,
I knew I was in need of something and Ska it was! Excellent selection of tracks, love it! Gonna download em all.

BTW, have you heard from our Dear Scottish brother? I am worried about him and wish he would start posting again.

Also, to be a nit-picky asswipe, you should add that little widget that allows us readers to stream the tracks you post. That way I can listen to the tunes while browsing your other posts. Just a friendly suggestion from an asswipe like me......

China said...

Ahh! I found "I'm in the Mood for Ska" about a year ago and love, love, loved it. What a perfect song to offer. You are winner.

Bishakh said...

Splendid! Hadn't heard the Bleechers track before. I'm chuffed to be included in your fabulous forum.